Live your best life and join our “Live-online” Yoga Nidra classes to release stress and tension and for ultimate relaxation technique. Each class is followed by Q&A with Snr Yoga Ayurveda Therapist.
Yoga nidra deep relaxation or yogic sleep is a state of consciousness between waking and sleeping, like the “going-to-sleep” stage, typically induced by a guided meditation. There is evidence that yoga nidra deep relaxation helps relieve stress. An ancient technique from India, it has now spread worldwide and is also being applied to assist people to recover from post-traumatic stress disorder.
Live-online via Zoom
followed by a community chat
$20 for one month (normally $40 per month)
** STARTING 26 August 2020 **
Zoe is a Senior Yoga Ayurveda Therapist who specifically focuses on people over the age of 40 and is the founder of Yoga Works for Over 40s. Our focus is on the transformational and evolving needs of each individual. We help you to develop an awareness of what you take in via your senses.
The goal of Ayurveda is to increase your health while living in balance with nature. Yoga and Ayurveda combined look at quality of what you can and cant digest through your senses (mouth, eyes, ears, nose, skin, to improve your health and quality of life.
encouraging you to ‘live younger’
Yoga therapy is fast becoming an accepted health modality throughout the world. For this reason we work with people who experience a wide range of conditions.
receive guidance, expertise, community & ongoing support
What you get
- Q & A community connection and be a part of our growing community
- Snr Yoga Ayurveda therapist with over 30 years of experience
- Yoga nidra guides the student into the deepest state of sleep where the brain produces theta (4-7 hertz) and delta waves (1-3 hertz), but the student remains conscious throughout read more
- Take positive steps to heal from trauma
- Yoga nidra is proven to help reduce stress and anxiety.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra
- The practice of yogic sleep gives the body time to rest, recover and restore, which thereby brings down inflammation and improves the function of the immune system.
- According to a recent study, “… patients with menstrual irregularities having psychological problems improved significantly in the areas of their wellbeing, anxiety and depression
- Yoga nidra improves sleep and reduces insomnia. Insomnia and sleep deprivation contribute to mental disorders, stress management (or lack there of), and immune suppression.
- “A recent study published in the Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology found yoga nidra may reduce the symptoms of diabetes and help control blood glucose levels.”
- The work done in yoga nidra with a sankalpa (an intention or positive affirmation) can facilitate life altering changes in one’s thought patterns, relationships and achievements
Please read our tips to prepare for your Yoga for over 40’s one week ‘live’ online classes.
What you need:-
- Download Zoom link and create a free account
- Log in each week via Zoom internet
- Quiet a private place that is draft free
- Chair or mat to lie on
- Eye and body covering
- Only have a light lunch, and reframe from coffee or tea
For more information call Zoe on +61 407 956 071